Satisfy your clientele by getting ahead of any confusion. Provide them with the information they need to come to the conclusion: I want this.
Are you ready to get started?
The described pricing of 89 USD (VAT excluded) isn’t based on word count. The maximum amount of words for 1 set of FAQ is 400 words. If you need a word count exceeding 400, contact me for a custom price.
What’s included with every set of FAQ?
- My use of language tool Grammarly Premium to ensure the highest writing quality and to avoid plagiarism.
- The guarantee that I’ll capture your brand voice and company’s writing style as best as I can.
- 2 free revisions, which include minor changes like the flow and syntax.
- Search engine optimization with your own given keywords.
- In case I use any external sources: all the references I used.
Important to know before you order:
- All orders will be delivered as word documents. The email address I’ll send everything to will be the one that you used to place your order. If you’d like me to contact you through a different email, please let me know.
- I don’t offer refunds unless I haven’t carried out the duties that I describe above. I will, however, try to reach a mutually beneficial solution in case I didn’t deliver the content you were hoping for.
- I reserve the right to mention I worked for you on my website unless you specifically request not to do so when you purchase my service.
- Although e-mail communication is included, communication through phone calls will be charged by 0,90 USD a minute.
- For a one-time, non-recurring cooperation, an order of at least 299 USD (VAT excluded) is required. You can combine this service with a different one until you've reached that amount.
Contact me for an estimated turnaround time!
Get ahead of confusion.
Get a FAQ page.
Company's FAQ page
Starting at 89 USD (VAT excluded)
Although clients could review your landing page, ‘About us’ page, and a couple of blog posts, they might have only 1 particular question that they want answered. Now. Fast.
Otherwise, they might look for it somewhere else.
So how do you keep them on your website? By answering their FAQ!